Category Archives: Demon Sword Maiden

Demon Sword Maiden Chapter 17

When you pick up a new hobby, you have to give up on another.
I picked up translating and I have to sacrifice my time for my family and the time to indulge in my other hobbies such as gaming, and reading novels.

A free translation isn’t really “free”, think of the time, dedication, and sweat the translators pour into their work before you say or do anything potentially harmful. Most people take free translations for granted and demand for more, but they never once considered the work put behind the translations.

Correction:
Changed Dynasty to Empire since I felt that it’s more fitting in a fantasy setting

Click here to read Chapter 17 – Fencing, Horsemanship, Archery

Demon Sword Maiden Chapter 16

Did anyone read the news yet? If not, you should head over there and give it a quick read. The short of it; is that I will be hosting with Ziru’s Musings starting next month.

Thoughts of the day:
So apparently, my Engrish sucks in the eyes of native English speaker. Do you guys think so too? Is it really so bad that I need to hire an editor?

Click here to read Chapter 16 – Madam


Collaboration with Ziru’s Musings

This is going to be a lengthy read, so I’ll just state the conclusion first for those who don’t want to read the long and short of it. I will be dual-hosting Demon Sword Maiden on Re:Library and Ziru’s Musings.

As I have mentioned last week, a friend of mine has invited me to host Demon Sword Maiden on his site. We even had a voting session, and the result? 62% of you support this idea while the other 38% prefer to read here. Continue reading Collaboration with Ziru’s Musings

Demon Sword Maiden Chapter 15

So many things happened last week… so many things indeed. I had to plow the hard-as-rock earth and hurt my left thumb in the process. I had to clean the sewer and scraped my right thumb in the process. I bumped into a rock and scraped my right leg, this one really hurts. And then I sold my 8-year-old laptop for 200 bucks. Yup… more than half of these events end up with me being hurt in the process, ouch!

Thoughts of the day:
I never knew I was THIS clumsy… I’m really not cut out for physical labor…

Click here to read Chapter 15 – Details of the Samurai’s Test

Demon Sword Maiden Chapter 14

This chapter took more time than expected to translate due to all the unfamiliar terms, like the shikigami or Daruma Egg. I mean… I do know what they are, it’s just that the terms in Chinese are ambiguous. Had to ask around and look for references.

Correction:
> Changed tael to ryo
Apparently, tael is the unit used by Chinese, ryo is the Japanese equivalent of tael.

Click here to read Chapter 14 – Slash Force Sensor

Demon Sword Maiden Chapter 13

Wow… just wow… I actually… got a patron, and two to boot!!! 😮
Thank you, you guys are awesome! But take note that the chapters in Patreon are unedited and without footnotes.
Not that I do that much editing when publishing it here anyways, the most I do are correcting some typos and changing the sentence structure so that they flow more smoothly.

Thoughts of the day:
My friend invited me to host this on Ziru’s Musing, your thoughts? Cast your vote below!

Click here to read Chapter 13 – Penetration Force