Not Sure, Another World Chapter 60

We got some new regular readers recently. They’ve been commenting a lot too. Replied to some.
I had a good laugh over the Illegal Oneechan stuff again. Oh that was great.

Started reading an isekai recently…can you call it that?
The MC’s spaceship crashes on a fantasy world.
Well guess what…it turns into a bloody cuisine adventure too!
What is it with Japan and food?

Click the Link to Start Reading:
» Chapter 60 «

Notify of
guest
7 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Kyrin Fireheart
Kyrin Fireheart
May 11, 2020 4:03 am

Are you talking about Kochugunshikan Boukensha ni Naru? If so apparently the author learned from his mistake of putting in to many food chapters and stops doing it after awhile. The biggest problem is that food is such a huge part of Japanese culture that most authors will write about it since it’s easy and everyone else does it 😛 Also I’m liking that novel too. And yours of course or I wouldn’t be here lurking 😛

uggron
uggron
May 11, 2020 8:07 am

He learns?!? I was reading that but I’ve been putting it off for a while because, well good chapter. I love food as much as anyone but why would you take a setting about pure sci-fi colliding with high fantasy and spend more than a few chapters talking about the **** we have in normal, real life. Oh well, Japan’s gotta Japan I guess.

uggron
uggron
May 11, 2020 8:08 am
Reply to  uggron

*food chapter. In case that was confusing.

Filip Dinca
Filip Dinca
May 11, 2020 2:08 am

Why so many cooking novel, and novels that try to not be about cooking, yet still cooking time, etc, I don’t know the reason. Still, there are few subjects that are simple, good, and have little to no a “dark side” and cooking/food is probably the best there. You can consider cooking a surefire way for the author to make the readers enjoy his story. It’s like grabbing the heart through the stomach 😅

rooislangwtf
rooislangwtf
May 11, 2020 1:49 am

“Well guess what…it turns into a bloody cuisine adventure too!” – lol, I’m pretty tired of the trope

rooislangwtf
rooislangwtf
May 11, 2020 1:55 am
Reply to  rooislangwtf

The ones I’m the most tired of is ones where all the food is uniformly terrible for no feasible reason or the ones where everyone the MC feeds universally worships Japanese food, not saying they don’t have food with universal appeal, but acquired tastes like nattou, miso, pickled plums and tofu probably wouldn’t be met with the rapture it gets in some works.